Keeping my car battery from going dead

It's a Southern hemisphere thing. High current causes the wire to get cold.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

Do you mean that there is a right way, a wrong way and a micky way?

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Good one. :) I was thinking the same thing, it's illogical that you can start a diesel engine through a small wire without it heating up. If that's the case, what a waste all these years on heavy gauge battery cables.

Reply to
trader_4

On Mon, 16 Aug 2021 13:09:40 -0400, Frank posted for all of us to digest...

That's because he has a parasitic draw that he can't find and fix. Shoot the parts cannon at it.

Reply to
Tekkie©

On Mon, 16 Aug 2021 09:01:56 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com posted for all of us to digest...

It runs backward - just like drains...

Reply to
Tekkie©

OK that makes sense, thanks. ;-)

Reply to
gfretwell
[snip]

That reminds me of the flashdark I had in college. Press a button, the room goes dark and the battery is recharged.

BTW, it used DEDs - Dark Emitting Diodes. They had a lot of them lying around, since people didn't believe in them and so couldn't see any.

Reply to
anareal