Jeep Cherokee '03 Needs Brakes - TOUGH????

I have a 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4X4 and it's in need of new brake pads. I used to do all my own work on my vehicles up until you needed a bazillion specialy tools and a $10K computer to replace something. My Jeep needs brakes and I was wondering if anyone knew if there's anything special to consider when doing that on this vehicle or is it the same old replace, bleed and go deal? Don't want to get into anything I can't finish but if it's 1/4 the price to do it myself, I am more then willing to take the time.

Any words of wisdom?

Thanks, Scott

Reply to
infiniteMPG

Probably wise to get a shop manual for your specific vehicle, and also check with the dealer for any service bulletins. Not all issues result in recalls. There may be issues with the brakes in your vehicle that are supposed to be addressed at the time of any brake work being performed.

Brakes are pretty important!

Reply to
fire

Pads and rotors but you really should have them refaced or you'll have early wear on the replacements. Need piston clamp; normally the parts places will loan them for a refundable charge or rent them pretty cheaply...

--

Reply to
dpb