ISP Blocks Twitter and Facebook

Individual customers can request that either or both get restored.
Reply to
Dean Hoffman

I'd be changing ISP if mine was that stupid.

Reply to
Fred

Let the good times roll.

Reply to
rbowman

That is easier said than done unless you want to use dial up.

Reply to
gfretwell

Bullshit it is.

Reply to
Fred

I'd never notice it. Never use them.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

So, you know how every address in the area gets internet service? How would you get it in every town in the country?

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I do use facebook a lot, daily, for local news and running my own group.

Reply to
Fred

I know that there is more than just the one non dialup for most.

Don?t need to.

Reply to
Fred

One time I read a twee that was embedded in something else, and I wrote a short answer and sent it. So proud. Until I realized only my followers would see it and I have no followers.

Oh, well.

Reply to
micky

I wonder what the Idaho laws on public utilities like internet providers have to say about that. And it sounds like another business dumb enough to join Trump's journey down the toilet, piss off more than half their customers. What's next? Michael Dell, the pillow guy, won't sell a pillow to Democrats?

Reply to
trader_4

I have plenty of time so I looked up public utility in Nebraska. It's limited to retail electricity or natural gas providers. A general definition from Wikipedia: "The term utilities can also refer to the set of services provided by these organizations consumed by the public: coal, electricity, natural gas, water, sewage, telephone, and transportation. Broadband internet services (both fixed-line and mobile) are increasingly being included within the definition."

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

"Most" is not all. Where I lived in CT it was the cable company or the phone company.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Quoting and driving traffic to Steve Miller's idiot website is not particularly wise. He's been making $$$ sowing his irreponsible nonsense which lead directly to the riots.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

He's quoted not-so-bright-bart, so you need to take the whole story with a grain of alt.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

Indeed, the entire idiot BB story is incorrect.

"In his email to Yep, Fink said he "probably could have worded that a better way as some people are getting confused and thinking everyone is getting blocked." They reiterated the option in a customerwide email shared Monday morning."

The ISP told customers that they could ask the ISP to block the sites for them if they're too f****ng stupid to do it themselves.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

He was talking about all.

But the phone company isnt just dialup anymore.

Reply to
Fred

Another generality. That was my only choice.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

But isnt for me or all.

Reply to
Fred

How many broad band providers does the typical person have if they are not in the city? Here it is one phone company and one cable company. The LTE (cell) service was so bad I had to send it back so I don't consider that an option. Maybe in 10 years when they get the mini nodes on my street I will give them another shot but this county is not even on the tentative schedule yet.

Reply to
gfretwell