Is there any way to play a MP3 player thru Auto CD Player

This isn't mine, but it's the same car, same color:

My favorite feature was the "Lay Down Rambler" seats. Again, not my car.

Delbert McClinton B-Movie Boxcar Blues

Next I caught a ride with a gambler's wife She had a brand new lay down Rambler She parked outside of town And laid the rambler down And said she sure could dig it if I rode her

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I dont understand the need for a remote control either. I just hope if it comes with a remote, it dont lack the controls on the stereo itself like a lot of tvs do these days. If I misplace my tv remote, all I can do is turn it on and off from the set itself. Cant change volume or channels or anything else. Real annoying....

I have about 5gb of songs stored on my computer, and copied to another portable drive (backup). That is a lot of music. I have not heard all of them. So, a 4gb flash drive would work just fine. I have another 1gb of music I ripped from my own CDs as a backup, but they are not in MP3. But as soon as I get software to convert them, I can add those too. Either way, one 8 or 16gb flash drive will hold everything I own, and still have room to spare.

One of these days I might get a new Tracfone, but I am not looking forward to that day, when I will have to retype about 260 contacts from my contact list. Otherwise I may have replaced that phone already, since most of the numbers are worn off the keys and I've had to replace the battery twice now, and the battery costs as much as a new flip phone.

As far as getting more features, I dont need them, and probably dont even want to have to learn them. Just like computers, all they keep doing is making them harder to use, yet add nothing useful, which is why I stick with Windows XP, and have no intention to upgrade.

Reply to
Paintedcow

Depends on the engine - They did use Prestolite and Delco Remy - possibly both on the same engine. I worked for an AMC dealer for a short time in the early seventies.

Chevy did the same on their low end models up until the late fifties.

Reply to
clare

They designed the cars and found parts to fit - in most cases. Design adaptations were dictated by the available parts.

Reply to
clare

I missed the original posting....

Years ago when stores started advertsing player for CDs and MP3s, I got one and it never worked for me. Ended up using Nero to convert MP3 to audio format and burning on CDs. That's still the easiest way for me.

Reply to
Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney

Should have found out why your MP3s didn't work. Recent tests are giving me about 170 tracks per CD in MP3 format, vs. about 12 in audio format.

That's a big difference.

Reply to
Dan Espen

Yeah, those vacuum wipers...sucked.

Reply to
Tekkie®

You think vacuum wipers sucked, you want to experience a vacuum fuel pump (like on my old '28 Chevy

Reply to
clare

On Friday, September 30, 2016 at 10:20:28 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrot e:

Whoosh!

Reply to
DerbyDad03

That's been suggested several times and it has been noted that the sound quality is often poor and when travelling younkeep having to change frequencies to avoid interference from strong local stations.

Reply to
clare

Never came across one of them. They must have been great while starting.

Reply to
Tekkie®

They aren't vacuum only since they're tapped into the two-stroke's crankcase but they work. A lot of bikes with gravity feed fuel systems have a vacuum operated petcock. Usually there's enough fuel in the float bowl to get the engine running. If not, the petcock has a 'prime' position to manually allow fuel flow.

I had a '62 Continental where many of the functions like the heating system were vacuum operated. That was a joy when they started failing.

Reply to
rbowman

No problem unless you ran out of gas. Basically a #40 juice can on the firewall that gravity fed the carb. When the level in the can dropped, a valve mechanism applied vacuum from the manifold to the fuel line to suck more gas into the can. When the float in the can came to the top it switched off the vacuum to the fuel line - repeat every minute or so depending on fuel demand. (somewhat simplified). Stewart was one common brand.

Reply to
clare

Was that combined with Werner(sp)

Reply to