cd iso9660 + udf or joliet

I want to burn a CD (700MB) for an old 2002 car cd player for a friend. I have about 30 MP3 files (150MB).

ImgBurn is asking to choose between iso9660 udf or joilet.

Which do I pick?

Reply to
Isidore Goresky

What happens when select the MP3 (all) files and burn them to the CD? Don't know the ImgBurn program.

Reply to
Oren

  FWIW I use DIVX player's burner to record music and videos . Windows media player does OK for burning music , but only in either the original format (if unprotected) or as windows media format .  The only thing I use an image burner (PowerISO in my case) for is to make bootable copies of OS's to load to a comp . If the OP chooses to download DIVX , get 7 , the later ones are different and harder to use (for me anyway) .
Reply to
Terry Coombs

Neill Massello wrote on Thu, 4 Apr 2019 01:32:14 -0600

Thank you as I just want to know what settings to use to burn about 30 MP3 songs so that they play in any old cd player.

Bad for me that "CD-DA" isn't one of the options. It must be called something else.

I ruined a ISO9660 + Juliet coaster already as it did not play in the car cd player. I only have 4 CD-R 700 MB blanks left so I'm trying not to make them a complete set of coasters.

Here's what I am doing.

1) I put a blank cd (650MB) into the computer drive 2) I bring up ImgBurn which finds my computer's DVD +/- RW drive 3) At "What would you like to do?" I use "Write files/folders to disc" 4) I put the 30 MP3 files into the ImgBurn "Source" window Now I have to make the choice.

In "Options" are only these choices (default listed first). Data Type: MODE1/2048 or MODE2/FORM1/2532 File System: ISO9660+Joliet or ISO9660 or ISO9660+Joliet+UDF or ISO9660+UDF or UDF

Which is the option for "CD-DA"?

Reply to
Isidore Goresky
Reply to
Isidore Goresky

Oren wrote on Wed, 03 Apr 2019 19:11:52 -0700

I only had two options so I took the ISO 9660 + Joliet option. The disc is good but it will not play in the car cd player.

Reply to
Isidore Goresky

Isidore Goresky wrote on Wed, 3 Apr 2019 22:15:10 +0000 (UTC) Do I maybe have to convert the MP3 files to WAV or something first?

Reply to
Isidore Goresky

Rod Speed

Shadow wrote on Thu, 04 Apr 2019 13:42:27 -0300

These are all missing steps but I got it done thanks to your link and these links.

The few steps that are missing in those links are mostly about the need for editing the cue file afterwards. Otherwise the cde label is the first song where it assumes all songs are by the same performer I guess.

You edit the first two lines of the cue file manually in Notepad. TITLE "title" PERFORMER "performer"

ImgBurn will automatically load the cue file but if you edit it like I did I'm not sure if it loads the new cue file or keeps the old cue file.

So I exited ImgBurn before I edited the cue file with Notepad.

Since you exit ImgBurn to edit the cue file when you go back into ImgBurn you hit a different set of buttons to burn the cue image file to disc.

But it works the same as the steps shown in your links if you do not edit the cue file but you will have the first song as the title of your disc then.

I went up to over 79 minutes but under 80 where the cue window adds up the time for you so there is no need for a calculator.

Some of the links above were fuzzy on how to get the tags to be taken as the cd text where they skipped the step that you have to do it for all files but you can't select all files. You have to select the session or the disc first.

To answer my original question the format says it is (AUDIO/2352).

Reply to
Isidore Goresky

Happy to hear it worked out. It's been almost a decade since I've burned any audio CDs. USB MP3 players RuLeZ today. With the advantage you can change the files in your file manager if you get bored with the selection. []'s

Reply to
Shadow

Oren wrote on Thu, 04 Apr 2019 14:55:28 -0700

Yes. I could only fit 80 minutes so it took two CD discs. Both worked in the car cd player.

Reply to
Isidore Goresky

Shadow wrote on Thu, 04 Apr 2019 18:59:31 -0300

Thank you for your help. It never occured to me that the older ImgBurn didn't do this. And then it never occurred to me to create the "cue" file. And it wasn't obvious that you then "write image file to disc". Where the "image" is the text cue file.

The first cue file gave the disc the name of the first song. On the second cue file, I edited the first two lines of text.

It's easy to burn about 20 of the 3 to 4 minute MP3 files to a CD disc. If you know how.

Reply to
Isidore Goresky