cd iso9660 + udf or joliet

I want to burn a CD (700MB) for an old 2002 car cd player for a friend. I have about 30 MP3 files (150MB).
ImgBurn is asking to choose between iso9660 udf or joilet.
Which do I pick?

ISO 9660 and Joliet are for data discs. Not all car audio players of that era can read them. Unless you're sure that "old 2002 car cd player" supports MP3 discs, you're better off with CD-DA (audio CD).
Neill Massello wrote on Thu, 4 Apr 2019 01:32:14 -0600

Thank you as I just want to know what settings to use to burn about 30 MP3 songs so that they play in any old cd player.
Bad for me that "CD-DA" isn't one of the options. It must be called something else.
I ruined a ISO9660 + Juliet coaster already as it did not play in the car cd player. I only have 4 CD-R 700 MB blanks left so I'm trying not to make them a complete set of coasters.
Here's what I am doing. 1) I put a blank cd (650MB) into the computer drive 2) I bring up ImgBurn which finds my computer's DVD +/- RW drive 3) At "What would you like to do?" I use "Write files/folders to disc" 4) I put the 30 MP3 files into the ImgBurn "Source" window Now I have to make the choice.
In "Options" are only these choices (default listed first). Data Type: MODE1/2048 or MODE2/FORM1/2532 File System: ISO9660+Joliet or ISO9660 or ISO9660+Joliet+UDF or ISO9660+UDF or UDF
Which is the option for "CD-DA"?

An audio CD is essentially a digital audio stream recorded onto a disc. It does not contain actual files. I suggest going to IMGBurn's site for instructions.
<http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?/topic/5555-how-to-write-an-audio-cd-from-music-files-using-imgburn/
Terry Coombs wrote on Wed, 3 Apr 2019 21:23:42 -0500

Thanks but I only need to know what settings to use with ImgBurn. I've been using ImgBurn for many years on data dvds. I don't want to learn another gui and make coasters all over again. I just want to know the imgburn settings to burn an audio cd from MP3 files that will play in any cd player.

https://www.google.com/search?q=imgburn+audio+cd
Rod Speed wrote on Fri, 5 Apr 2019 03:15:17 +1100

The old ImgBurn didn't have it I will try this package instruction after loading the newest ImgBurn https://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/burn_audio_cds_from_music_files_with_imgburn.cfm
Oren wrote on Wed, 03 Apr 2019 19:11:52 -0700

I only had two options so I took the ISO 9660 + Joliet option. The disc is good but it will not play in the car cd player.
Isidore Goresky wrote on Wed, 3 Apr 2019 22:15:10 +0000 (UTC) Do I maybe have to convert the MP3 files to WAV or something first?
On Wed, 3 Apr 2019 22:15:10 +0000 (UTC), Isidore Goresky

    None
http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?/topic/5555-how-to-write-an-audio-cd-from-music-files-using-imgburn/     []'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012

These are all missing steps but I got it done thanks to your link and these links.
https://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/burn_audio_cds_from_music_files_with_imgburn.cfm http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?/topic/5555-how-to-write-an-audio-cd-from-music-files-using-imgburn/ https://www.nextofwindows.com/how-to-use-imgburn-to-burn-an-audio-cd-from-mp3-music-files
The few steps that are missing in those links are mostly about the need for editing the cue file afterwards. Otherwise the cde label is the first song where it assumes all songs are by the same performer I guess.
You edit the first two lines of the cue file manually in Notepad. TITLE "title" PERFORMER "performer"
ImgBurn will automatically load the cue file but if you edit it like I did I'm not sure if it loads the new cue file or keeps the old cue file.
So I exited ImgBurn before I edited the cue file with Notepad.
Since you exit ImgBurn to edit the cue file when you go back into ImgBurn you hit a different set of buttons to burn the cue image file to disc.
But it works the same as the steps shown in your links if you do not edit the cue file but you will have the first song as the title of your disc then.
I went up to over 79 minutes but under 80 where the cue window adds up the time for you so there is no need for a calculator.
Some of the links above were fuzzy on how to get the tags to be taken as the cd text where they skipped the step that you have to do it for all files but you can't select all files. You have to select the session or the disc first.
To answer my original question the format says it is (AUDIO/2352).
On Thu, 4 Apr 2019 14:59:06 -0500, Isidore Goresky

    Happy to hear it worked out. It's been almost a decade since I've burned any audio CDs.     USB MP3 players RuLeZ today. With the advantage you can change the files in your file manager if you get bored with the selection.     []'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012
Shadow wrote on Thu, 04 Apr 2019 18:59:31 -0300

Thank you for your help. It never occured to me that the older ImgBurn didn't do this. And then it never occurred to me to create the "cue" file. And it wasn't obvious that you then "write image file to disc". Where the "image" is the text cue file.
The first cue file gave the disc the name of the first song. On the second cue file, I edited the first two lines of text.
It's easy to burn about 20 of the 3 to 4 minute MP3 files to a CD disc. If you know how.
Oren wrote on Thu, 04 Apr 2019 14:55:28 -0700

Yes. I could only fit 80 minutes so it took two CD discs. Both worked in the car cd player.
alt.home.repair:

I assume you want to burn the MP3s as data files, not as an audio CD. Audio CDs have a time limit of about 80 minutes, so 30 songs aren't likely to fit.
Are you sure his car player will play MP3s? Back then many of them would only play audio CDs. My 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis will only play audio CDs. It will not play a data disc full of MP3s. Since you mention in your later post that your first attempt didn't work, I suspect his player is like mine and will NOT play MP3s.
As I recall, ISO9660 only supports old DOS-style 8+3 file names. It will truncate any long names to fit that, but it will keep the extension (.mp3). Joliet supports long names. Some players may not support long names, but most modern ones will. Pretty much all data disk readers will read ISP9660 disks. Most will read Joliet format. UDF is, I think, used mostly for video.
If you can trim your playlist down to, say, 78 minutes or so, you might be best off burning an audio disk of it. His car player is almost certain to play that.