How common are portable CD players with speaker? [off topic]

I want to replay some lectures from CD. I want to just hear the presenter and, if possible, jump to different points in the lecture. It would need to run from batteries.

So I'm looking for something like a CD Walkman with its own little speaker.

I definitely don't mean the large all-in-one "beat box" players with CD, radio, and cassette player with loud stereo speakers and which drink batteries.

How well represented amongst the many different types of portable music players currently thronging the shops is such a thing?

Reply to
Sammy

Very rare but you could get a bog standard portable player and some tiny 5 quid speakers

Reply to
Dr Zoidberg

Well there is Look in Argoose. But what is wrong with the ear phones or headset provided in the discman's

Reply to
Trev

Three or four of us will be following this at the same time, which is why I said I wanted a speaker.

Reply to
Sammy

I've never seen one that fits your need. I've seen Discman (or similar name) that used headphones. Neat-Ideas were recently giving away a CD player with orders over some level (CD player, plus two small speakers) but because CDs are mostly for playing music and support stereo, they might have never made anthing similar to a simple tranny radio with a single speaker - the CD is pretty much guaranteed to 'need' stereo.

I did see some '99p delivery deal on a website recently when buying a

12 or 24 CD holder which had small speakers built in. Since it was a similar price to the minimum delivery cost, and made delivery of the whole order 99p, it was something my sister bought instead of paying similar for just delivery (but she lives miles away, so no comment on how good or otherwise the small speakers are, sorry).
Reply to
NoNeedToKnow

Well if you dont find one you can use the Small battery powered computer speakers.

Reply to
Trev

Thanks for the reply.

If you mean some external powered speakers then I don't want a seperate unit to add to the CD player as then there are spare batteries to remember and twice as many units to carry in my case and all that messing about. Besides I don't need the extra volume which even a five quid powered speaker would give.

Whenever I have tried unpowered speakers attached to a CD walkman or MP3 player they are almost completely inaudible. :-(

Maybe such a thing as I want is harder to find than I had hoped.

Maybe I need to settle for a very small "beat box" although the ability of something like that to jump around the CD is probably poor.

Reply to
Sammy

'The laminated book of dreams'

Reply to
SteveH

TDK outloud any good?

2 small speakers built into a 24 disc case, plug in your walkman & off you go

HTH mj

Reply to
Mj

Not very well it seems, but you may find success if you look for cd radio alarms that run off batteries. For example

may have similar

Reply to
OG

Would a portable DVD player do the job? They are small, play CD's and have built in speakers. With my one, if you put the screen down, it turns it off but you can still play CD's so it saves batteries (which are rechargeable). Available on Ebay from £30.00

Reply to
Tony

"Mj" wrote

smaller 12CD case is better IMO:

Mike Redrobe

look what I found!!

item 2719038

Reply to
Dan

This could be as close as I get to what I want.

But £30 on ebay? I can find lots but they are rather more than £30.

Do you have a link or model name?

Reply to
Sammy

> argos item 2719038