Is burning copper dangerous

For many - between the ears.

Reply to
Michael Daly

Yes, you are "asking after the fact." You asked "after the fact" if what you did was safe. Re-read your original post. Your very first sentence is: Is burning copper dangerous?

Duh, that sounds like "asking after the fact" to me.

Your example of fake logs is worthless unless you know how much copper is contained in a fake log compared to how much copper you tossed on the campfire. Plus, how much copper are you breathing in your family room when the fireplace has a proper draft and a well-designed chimney, versus how much copper is somebody downwind breathing while you are tossing copper on the campfire?

You screwed up. You acted in ignorance. You were impolite when challenged about your behavior. You are extremely lucky that you didn't get punched out.

Just for the record, you can buy fake logs, which are pretty much noth> I am also rather troubled that he threw what he 'assumed'

Reply to
Gideon

This is Turtle.

I picked up some articals here on the Millwaukee Public Museum and a spokesman of Gary Casper. Where he states that Rattle Snake venum is Protein and does the effect to the animal or human they bite.

The words you spoke about protein effectring the body in small amounts is true but not in the way you told it.

You can drink rattle snake venum and not hurt you at all. now if you inject a very little bit into your blood stream directly by a needle. It will kill you or come close to killing you. The way the rattle snake venum effects the human body is the venum is almost pure protein which when injected into you blood stream, will have bad effects on the human blood stream and the body. it just in so many words over loads the human body with protein which it is not use to being done to it. When people get use to being bite all the time , they are getting use to being over loaded with protein in their system and can handle the high protein dose. usely after being bite about 10 timers you be come use to it and it will not bother you. now if you get away from the american rattle snakes you change the venum and it can get real poison in it like the Coral snake which will work on the nerves system.

Also about all snake venum protein being a solid. I always thought snakes injected people and other animals with a liquid venum all these years and not a powdered venum. now when I say rattle snake venum is just about all protein is they use protein to mess with the pray and mess it up from running. now other forms of snakes uses all kinds of different poisins to kill or stop the pray. When they don't have protein in the injections to the pray to stop them. It will be referred to by other names as poisins or Toxin . now the Diamond back Rattlers here in Louisiana does use protein to stop it's pray from running away and also to stop humans from hurting them.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

Ahhhhhhhhhh............... What does snake venom have to do with burning copper?????

Reply to
maradcliff

Turtle, only a dumb ass idiot would drink, or say you can drink snake venom. A small unnoticed stomach or intestional ulcer would move it into your blood stream, and could kill you. Wake up.

Reply to
m Ransley

This is Turtle.

The post before you said there was very little or no protein in the rattle snake venom and now you changed your mine and state now that the snake venum is just about all protein !

The protein is what makes you sick or kills you and does all the damage. i was in a hospital one time for being bite by a Cotton Mouth and the doctor told me that the effect on me was the effect of the Protein over loading my system with protein which it is not use to being subjected to. a example of this is take a car and then have it running and then take a gas can and pour a gallion of gas in the intake of the engine. it will mess up or die but this is the same effect as over loading your system with protein.

now explain to me about the % protein snake venum is now after 2 trys.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

This is Turtle.

been there and done that. i got into this type argueement about uslers letting venum into the human body. we had to get two Doctor opinion to settle it and both said it would be very little effect of having usler and drinking rattle snake venum for the usler would stop all transfer of liquid at all. another example of this was if a body builder would drink his high protein drinks and have a usler. it would kill him because of the over dose of Protein. also the doctors said any of the venum to effect the body it would have to be injected to do any good at all.

Now thank you Dr. Ransley for you informing use of a new medical break through !

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

This is Turtle

I really don't know about the Al. pots being use and the effect but one thing i do know and that is all people with Alzheimers disease has a very high level of aluminum in their blood stream. there has to be a connection there.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

can you say anal retentive?

Reply to
rider89

According to TURTLE :

You've completely misunderstood what he said. Snake venom isn't dangerous because it's made up of proteins, it's dangerous because they're made up of specific proteins with specific properties.

Read the article more carefully - they're talking about, for example, proteins with hemorrhagic or anti-coagulant properties. Other proteins attack, for example, your nervous system. But certainly not all proteins have such effects. Most don't. For example, Adrenalin is a protein. Digestive enzymes are proteins. Most drugs are proteins.

"Proteins" are, quite simply, a huge family of chemicals (hundreds of thousands of different chemicals) with a huge variety of effects. Meat is made up out of proteins. Many plants (especially legumes and nuts) have large quantities of proteins. _You_ are made up of proteins. There are hundreds (probably thousands) of different proteins coursing through your bloodstream right _now_.

You could take, for example, several grams of ordinary food protein and inject it directly into your bloodstream, and while it might have some effects (your kidneys and/or liver wouldn't like it), it probably wouldn't hurt you.

In contrast, the proteins in snake venum (oh heck, now you have me misspelling it - "venom"!) are toxic. As in actively poisonous. Milligrams of some of these poisons will kill you.

I was referring to the suggestion that venom was 100% protein. Pure proteins are solids. Snake venom is _actually_ mostly water with dissolved proteins.

You misunderstand that too. Venoms (whether snake, bee, wasp, spider...) are virtually all protein based, because that's what biological organisms produce. As is adrenalin, and most of all the other chemicals your body produces to make it function.

All venoms are poisonous/toxic substances. When scientists start talking about the science of how the toxin _works_, they become more precise with their language of what it's _made_ out of.

In other words, "poison" and "toxin" are words describing their effects. "Protein" is a word used to mean that the chemicals involved are some variety of protein.

Saying a snake venom is a protein doesn't mean all proteins are toxic, in the same way as thinking the phrase "cars have 4 wheels" means that all 4 wheeled vehicles are cars.

Reply to
Chris Lewis

Captain Joe Redcloud©

Reply to
Captain Joe Redcloud©

100% of people who have Alzheimers have at some time consumed water! There MUST be a connection there. In fact, 100% of people who have ever died have at some time consumed water. It must be a deadly poison!

In January, I painted my house red, and closed all the open windows. Painting my house red made it much warmer!

Captain Joe Redcloud©

Reply to
Captain Joe Redcloud©

According to TURTLE :

You have some very serious comprehension problems Turtle. I said nothing of the sort.

There are only _milligrams_ of active ingredient in snake bites, the rest of it is water. When you say that "it's all protein", that implies that the whole thing is protein. Obviously, it _can't_ be, because venom is liquid, but pure protein is a solid.

Your postings all implied that _all_ proteins did this. Obviously, that's nonsense.

An example of your comprehension problem. No doctor would say that "any old protein will have a similar effect, and it's simply a matter of getting used to it." Anyone who did needs to get their license revoked.

Increasing tolerance to snake bite venom is mostly a myth. Most snake bites in North America are not life threatening in the first place. This "tolerance" is simply that the person becoming more and more unconsciously aware it's not a big deal, not panicking, and getting appropriate care without stressing out.

Meanwhile, with the more life-threatening varieties (such as cobra venom), in reality you usually become more and more sensitive (increasing severity of reaction) each time. So much so that people who handle them learn that after a while, even immediate anti-venom won't save them.

Or, they get allergic to the anti-venom - so much for getting "used to that protein".

Reply to
Chris Lewis

According to Captain Joe Redcloud© :

Have you ever seen the MSDS for dihydrogen monoxide? They need to ban it. It's everywhere and it's REALLY DANGEROUS!

But governments refuse to do so.

Coverup! Coverup!

Seriously, tho, there seems to be some interesting evidence pointing elsewhere as a cause for Alzheimer's. Alzheimers tends to be more prevalent in industrialized countries. Which could of course simply be because those people tend to live longer to encounter it. However, there's one undeveloped third world area that has had a _drastic_ jump in Alzheimers over the past 10-15 years, and it's thought to be a big jump in the consumption of (if I recall correctly), Cassava root. Which, if I'm not mistaken, is toxic unless prepared properly, and suspicions are mostly aimed at certain chemicals in the root that are essentially identical to chemicals used as plasticizers in the plastics industry.

Meanwhile, other people are pointing fingers at plasticizers because they bioaccumulate, and are beginning to be found in surprising quantities in people (ie: in breast milk).

Reply to
Chris Lewis

You still haven't explained why my house is warmer now that I painted it red!!!

Captain Joe Redcloud©

Reply to
Captain Joe Redcloud©

I did not read all the many post so I hope I'm not repeating something already said.

Many, many years ago when I was a kid, all there was, was copper screens on windows. My dad always gave me the job of brushing the screens off before putting them up for the summer. I did not like the job because it was work however I liked it even less after I got old enough to start smoking.

What would happen was the copper oxide would come off as a fine powder and I would inhale it. Yuck, there is nothing worse than trying to smoke a cigerete after inhaling copper oxide dust. It destroys the tast for 2-3 days. Don't smoke now and don't have copper screens.

My guess is, that your drunken neighbor was a smoker that knew this and you just ruined his smoking evening.

John

Reply to
UP and Adam