irrigation - pump cycling

Pressure tank with 40/60 pressure switch to pump start relay to submersible pump, maybe 1.5hp, maybe 2hp __________________________________________

We want to add some irrigation to foundation plantings. The well output exceeds the water needs. How do we stop pump cycling?

Thanks

Reply to
dadiOH

You can't stop pump cycling, only reduce the frequency.

Start by checking your tank bladder for proper inflation.

Reply to
Rick

Actually, you can, with a cycle stop valve:

It throttles the flow of water from the well to maintain a constant pressure.

Reply to
trader_4