interior door painting

Hi,

I plan to paint all the interior doors in my house that are now stained and look old. My questions:

1) what kind of roller should I use: smooth, or ultra smooth?

2) what sheen is best: semi-gloss or satin or...

Thank you.

Reply to
John61

Sheen is up to you. I like semi-gloss.

Use a smooth roller and have a damp bush to ad the brush stokes along the grain of the wood.

In a perfect world the brush strokes don't show. But if your paint is a little thick brush strokes look better on a door than roller bumples.

Two thin coats are better than one heavy one.

Reply to
Colbyt