Insulation between windows

I have added storm windows to some of my windows. The original windows are Andersen double pane glass. I have put 2 inch styrofoam between the original windows and the storm windows. Would it be more effective to remove the styrofoam and replace it with bubble wrap?

---MIKE---

>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire >> (44=B0 15' N - Elevation 1580')
Reply to
---MIKE---

New Hampshire

Sealing or weather stripping the storm windows would probably help. Neither bubble wrap or rigid insulation seal to the surrounding frame.

tbasc

---MIKE---

Depends on your goal. The foam is better insulation, but the bubble wrap will let some light in. If the insulation is not properly installed, it is of little value anyway.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Fill the space with great stuff. It's better than styrofoam or dead air.

---MIKE---

Reply to
Steve Barker DLT

If the intent is to eliminate the window (i.e. block out light and view) and to increase the R value to the max, why not just remove the window and frame it in, including fiberglass insulation.

Reply to
Mark