Insulating a cavity on an overhang

Hi,

I have a 2 foot overhang on my house that I'm looking to insulate. The overhang is about 12 feet wide and is on 2 x 12 joists spaced at 16 inch centers. It has been stucco'd over the bottom, so I can't easily insulate from the outside. There is an opening on each joist cavity in the basement with about a 6 to 8 inch gap and I was looking at using some sort of expanding spray foam.

My question is, are there any diy kits out there that will allow me to get a nozzle into the cavity and fill with foam? Doing this much space won't be cheap, so I would need a bulk kit of some sort.

I've googled a bit and only come up with companies that do the job for you. I'm more than capable of doing the job myself.

Reply to
Phat Phuq

I would suggest blowing in insulation. Foam will not only be more expensive, but trying to do it yourself could end up blowing out the wall. If not carefully done, the foam will expand beyond the space available and something has to give.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Right, if you use foam, you want NON expanding foam, not expanding foam. If it's sticky-foam, you should be able to spray each cavity half-full, and come back and fill the rest of the way once you know how much it's going to grow.

Reply to
Goedjn

Yep, try Tiger Foam:

-- Dennis

Reply to
DT

Reply to
marson

That's what I'm after... Thanks to all...

Reply to
Phat Phuq

fastenal carries it

Reply to