Install Hardwood stair

Hi,

I am looking to put some hardwood on the stair to the basement, and replace the carpet stair to the second floor with this (or something similar):

The stair to the basement is 1" ply unfinished. The stair to the 2nd floor is the same under carpet cover is the same, I believe. There is a 3/4" nose stick out of the riser on each stread.

The choice of 5/16" solid wood is because I don't want to cause noticable differences among different risers. Do you think this is a good arrangement? Will the nose pieces that I buy (on that same page) will cover the original nose? If not, how do one cover that?

Thanks.

Y.

Reply to
some user