indesit dishwasher wont stop

I have an indesit d4000 and it seems to have screwed up its sequence i start at 1 it goes to 2 then between 2 and 3 it just gets stuck and keeps washing forever. I pulled the plug, turned the wheel, waited, turned it on off ect... but no luck. It is stuck in that sequence for days now. I had the problem before but it seemed to go away but now i am stuck Anyone have any hints... I have read all the relevent information in the newsgroups but all i can work out is that i am not alone with this problem No one seems to have any real solution except to randomly try anything

thanks

Reply to
Vincent

I would call a "screwed up sequence" if it went 1, 3, 2, 3, 2, 3, 1, etc.

From what you've described it appears to be just stopping at one point which might lead me to believe that at that point the controller is waiting for some signal. Depending on exactly which point in the cycle it is stopping (wash, rinse, drain, etc.) might pinpoint what the control could possibly be waiting for.

For example some North America models will pause a wash if the control doesn't sense a particular water temperature. That could be caused by too low of initial water temperature, a fault in the temperature sensor or if your model heats its own water, the heater element not working (for whatever reason).

Problems which go away by themselves tend to come back by themselves as well. JMO

Have you considered having a trained service technician look into it for you?

Dan O.

- Appliance411.com

=Ð~~~~~~

Reply to