impurities in my tank

What is ECOxxxx

ECOPlus We fortify every gallon of heating oil we deliver with ECOPlus, an additive that dissolves impurities that occur naturally inside your tank. If allowed to accumulate, these impurities cause your system to run poorly. With ECOPlus, not only will your system use less heating oil and produce fewer emissions, used consistently, ECOPlus reduces system wear and tear, and helps lengthen system life. We provide ECOPlus at no additional cost to you! Get pricing and delivery info.

Does this make sense?

If the impurities accumulated in the tank, what harm could they do? They're in the tank.

Instead they dissolve them so that they go into the furnace. Is that really a good idea? I thought they were bad.

Or are there no impurities?

Reply to
micky

Never heard of it so I did a Google search. Near as I can tell, the guy at the oil depot is an ordained multi religion minister and he puts a blessing on the tank when filled.

I did find this though, and it seems additives are common.

Ed Pawlowski

This is similar to and probably exactly like the chemical they put in diesel to keep it from growing fungus.

Reply to
gfretwell

The fungus amongus... Scratchin away...

Reply to