Immersed heating systems

Hi there, I have been living in this house for almost 19 years now, with my parents off course and since day 1 we have been using an old immersed heating unit which for the last year or so has been on the blink and seems to be the casue for no warm water being available for our kitchen and bathroom taps and also the bath has no hot water source as we used to have to flick an old switch to heat the water up, apparently it cost a fortune as well!

Anyway, there is a old tank in one of the bedroom cupboard which I assume is the centre of this unit and I have no idea where to start.

Some have said that it would cost too much to repair and central heating is advised.

FYI - I take showers so I dont need warm water lol.

Reply to
ebay.dave.greenock

Where are you located? Country and what part of that country, we don't need the mailing address.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

I am from the West of Scotland, the region of Inverclyde, I am sure telling you my postal code of PA15 *** is no harm either mate.

Reply to
ebay.dave.greenock

That is what I figured. I don't get to that side of the pond often enough to know the heating systems beyond a very casual hello.

We do have a few regulars who are knowledgeable in your local systems and hopefully they will see your request and offer some suggestions. The subject line should get their attention. If no replies in a couple of days, try a new message including a reference to Scotland in the subject line.

Good Luck and stay warm, I understand it has been rather nasty there this last week.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Yeah the weather has been pretty bad lately but the immerser system isnt our only source of heating, its just the source of hot water I am missing.

Thanks for your help all the same and I hope someone can respond with suggestions sometime soon.

Where are you from anyway?

Reply to
ebay.dave.greenock