ice maker stuck

Hi, I got a plastic back caught in my ice maker. It's a Sears icemaker. Any suggestions on how I can get it out? I'm currently defrosting my freezer hoping the ice melts and I can hopefully yank the plastic out.

If not, I can use help on unscrewing the ice maker from the mount.

Thanks.

Reply to
Me

It was easier than I thought to get the plastic out. However, I notice my manual doesn't give me much info. I'd be interested in knowing how to take it apart if anyone has the time to point me to a web site or give me the info.

Reply to
Me

Gee, sorry chief, my refrigeration training only went to model #2539768380 but not as far as 2539768381.

Ice makers.... there's a whole bunch of different designs. Best bet is to call an appliance guy. Hint: Sears is always more expensive than the local small town guy. And small town guys can get Sears parts, too. Sears parts are more expensive, too.

Hint#2: Don't buy Sears products.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Hi,

Taking the icemaker apart?? Or taking the icemaker out of the freezer section??

jeff.

Appliance Repair Aid

jeff