I want to darkening fabric? Think Scotch Guard would work?

I bought two of the exact same couches about six months apart and the die lot of the newest one is lighter than the first. I was wondering if some brand of Stain Guard might be more prone to darken a fabric more than others and solve my problem at least somewhat?

Any suggestions?

Reply to
CraigT

So you like to gamble, do you?

Try leaving the darker one parked in the sun for a year or so. ;-)

As far as I know, makers of stain guards go to extremes to prevent changing the look of the fabric. Unfortunately, if you try one, it will probably block any thing else you try. Do you have swatches to try it on?

I had a similar problem with the finish on two identical bookcases, I just got used to it and placed them apart.

Reply to
PipeDown

Put the darker one by a sunny window. If it doesn't fade, it will at least look lighter.

Reply to
Norminn

you should try cleaning the damn thing, it's darker cause it's filthy you pig...

Reply to
Rich