I pulled a Halloween prank on my gas company!

Each year I treat the neighborhood kids to a yard full of Halloween decorations. I set up a mini cemetery watched over by couple of skeletons sitting on a bench. I've got ghouls hanging on poles, a leaf-stuffed farmer under a lawn mower, a bloody guy in a wheel barrel, etc. I have a bunch of styrofoam heads from a beauty supply shop that I put masks on and use as heads for the "people" in my display.

Well, it turns out that yesterday was the day that our utility chose to start replacing the gas main on my street. Last night I came home from work to find a bunch of heavy equipment park on my street. I also found a small hole, about 1 cubic foot, in the middle of my display. I assume they were looking for a shutoff or something.

I grabbed a head from my stash, put a ghoulish mask on it and screwed a large stuffed spider to the side of the face. The head fit perfectly in the hole, just below ground level. I wish I could have been there this morning when the workers showed up. I hope they got a laugh out of it.

About mid-morning my neighbor texted me a picture of the guys using small backhoe right in front of my cemetery with the comment "They're looking for the bodies!"

Well last night I came home from work to a small hole, about 1 cubic foot, in the middle of my display. I assume they were looking for a shutoff or something.

Reply to
DerbyDad03