I need valve compression nut removal recommendatios

Hi All,

On a previous post, Oscar gave me the perfect value for under my kitchen . Make in USA too!

Problem:

The inlet nut that is currently installed is "fine" pitch. Usually replacement valves are course pitch.

If the nut won't come off the pipe to be replace with the one that came with the new valve. (I have this problem a lot.) Is there a tool or other recommendation to remove the previous nut? (Cussing at it did not work.)

Many thanks,

-T

BFR

Thomas

On a 5/8" OD copper pipe? That is what I get for cracking a dad joke.

I hope you told that joke when your kid's friends were around. I'd use a hacksaw but there are tools for your problem.

Dean Hoffman

Which of the three do you like?

Also, after I pull it off with one of those tools, will I be able to get the new on? Will the pipe be back to its normal size?

I crack so many dad joke, I am surprised there is not a bounty on my head.

Uh oh. What if the stinker is fine pitch?

I've never used one so I can't give a good answer.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman