I need to cut a chain

You have a good neighbor. Be nice to him. "Tool rental" in the yellow pages. Good luck.

Reply to
G Henslee

Hook - line and sinker. Typical top poster.

Reply to
G Henslee

You can buy a cheap o pair of bolt cutters at Harbor Freight, or maybe Home depot. You will need them again sometime, and once you have some, you will be amazed at how many times you will use it.

I got a set from a police auction of confiscated evidence. They are 43" long. I got them for $20. They are American made, MCC True Craft. I also have two smaller pair. When I want to cut something big, just get that big bad boy out, and POINK!

A good pair of bolt cutters is a good tool to have.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

I hate to say this Duane but you've joined the list of other morons in this thread who've answered this troll thinking it was a serious question.

It's the same troll using newdawg that posts a lot of other off-beat subjects.

Reply to
G Henslee

My aren't we bitter today Poop. Glad to see I've gotten to you ya old goat's ass.

Reply to
G Henslee

Most people quit making up their own words when they get out of diapers. So, how's the Depends working out forya, you old shitass?

Reply to
G Henslee

I am putting up a swing set for the kids. I need to cut the chain. My neighbor said I have to rent a chainsaw. Is this necessary or can I cut it with a hand tool? Renting a chainsaw would cost more than the whole swing did.

Reply to
max-max

"G Henslee" wrote to Pop:

And yet you bawl and squeal when another trolls? At least the OP had a sense of humor. A chainsaw to cut a chain. Get it?

No?

Figgers.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

A "chainsaw" isn't a saw to cut chain... :(

What you need is simply an appropriately sized bar cutter--the long-handled jobbies.

Depending on what kind of chain you have, it may be possible to simply cut it w/ a hacksaw. I'd measure where you need it cut and run down to the local hardware store and go to the chain section and use theirs to cut it if I didn't have one of my own. If they're one of the chain franchises they may bitch a little and make you let them and charge a nominal fee, but can't imagine more than $0.50/cut at the absolute most...

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

If you are talking about the double eyed, twisted link chain you can use either a hacksaw brand new $1.99) or a cold chisel (Chinese throw away, $.99). He must think you're using a 3/8" logging chain.

Reply to
C & M

You can go to almost any chain store...Home Depot, Kinkos, even Arby's.

Reply to
Craven Morehead

Mental Health Services Hensleeeyy, in the yellow pages. Luck to you too kaner!

Reply to
Pop

Typical kaner; no brains, no worth, nothing useful to say, unemployed, drugged, and a hate-on for the entire world. Yup, a kaner fer shure!

Reply to
Pop

Oh I "get it" you moron. Before anyone else. If you had any sense of comprehension you would have noticed that in my first reply to the OP.

As for bawl and squeal? Me? Bullshit. I love trolls. It's pussies like you that PLONK em! LOL

Get your head out of your ass...

Reply to
G Henslee

No, tie one end of the chain to the top of the swing set. Tie the other end around your neck, and jump. The chain will break. Trust me.

Reply to
larrybud2002

Yet another well written informative post from you. Thank you for sharing.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Hook - line and sinker. The troll snags another one! No wonder you're pissed. And then take it out on me. Wah. What a puss.

Reply to
G Henslee

"G Henslee" wrote

I'll sure be glad when school starts again and you have something else to do all day.

Although the OP may have been a troll, the suggestion about having a pair of bolt cutters around is a good one. After all, this is a group about home repair, right?

What?

You don't know?

Oy, vei.

Steve, who keeps plonking you, but your sorry ass just keeps coming through.

Reply to
SteveB

Somebody has to be here to throw the little red ball to you fido.

Reply to
G Henslee