I found my good power drill

Let this be a warning to all of you!

I have always kept my ROYBI power drill in the same place in the same cabinet. It disappeared. I thought a repair man had taken it.

It turns out my son used it at Christmas time, didn't put it back, and my wife put it in a clutter box in the depths of the back of the basement. I only found it because I went looking to see if she might have moved my missing roll of white duct tape.

My plastic pail opener is still missing.

Dick

Reply to
Dick Adams

Not too late to check with the repair man or is it?

-- Oren

"I didn?t say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you."

Reply to
Oren

I once lost my ROYBI cordless drill for a couple of months. I had always kept it in the same place in the workshop, plugged into the wall to keep it charged. Turned out I had put it back in its original case on an out-of-way shelf.

Reply to
Kitep

You do realize, keeping it in the plugged-in charger is a good way to make the battery packs crap out at a young age? Modern battery packs are a lot better about the memory problem, but it is still best to deep-cycle them. That is why used laptops usually need a new battery pack- people almost never use them without a wall cord, and batteries almost never get deep-cycled.

I have a 30-year-old trash corded drill (with iffy bearings) that I use for filthy stuff, and a $25 impulse-purchase (from a Lowes clearance table) B&D cordless that I use for 30-second projects, that I charge once every few months. The good corded drill, a Makita, I keep clean and in its case, so I don't lose the accessories.

I needed a real drill for something last year, and chose the Makita because it was a 'name' brand, but mainly because they seem to be the last brand that does not style their power tools to look like a kids ray-gun, with all sorts of meaningless fins and colored or shiny circus stripes. The drill, and the Makita jig saw I picked up on sale but haven't needed to use yet, look like what they are- real basic power tools. I finally bought a house a couple years ago, and am slowly rebuilding the tool library I had as a kid when I used tools for a living. Now I just need to to build a bench and tool crib to keep them all in.

aem sends....

Reply to
aemeijers

Sounds like your wife might be my wifes sister...

Reply to
jimmyDahGeek

Well, a while back I lost my electrical pliers. I looked all over for them. I finally accidentally found them when I happened to look at the place I am supposed to keep them, rather than where I used them the last time.

Bill Gill

Reply to
BillGill

I lost my primary set of car keys. I looked all over the house. Inside, outside, over, around, and under everything in the house, and in every room in the house, including the basement, garage, and both outside sheds, and both my cars. I had to use the spare set for two months. One day, by accident, I picked up my laced shoes (I wear moccasins in the summer) from under the night table and heard them jingling inside the shoes.

Reply to
willshak

No, I didn't realize this. Thanks for the heads-up.

the

Reply to
Kitep

The CAT put them in there..