Hurricane proofing, vinyl siding question.

Does anyone have any info about caulking the seam where a piece of vinyl siding overlaps the previous piece? Looking at the house, it seems that if the strong winds were int the right direction, it would get under the siding end seam, and it would be blown off. Is there a colored caulking made for this? Would there be a problem with expansion, etc? We are in SW FL and it gets fairly hot here. A lot of siding was blown off houses from Charlie that passed by us. The winds hit the side of our house, so the siding survived. If it had been at the wrong angle, I think we would have lost some siding. Any answers would be appreciated. Thanks, A Charlie surviver

Reply to
Over40pirate

Vinyl siding expands and contracts with temperature changes. If you caulk the seams, it'll buckle the siding when the sun hits it.

Bob

Reply to
rck