Humidifier - Hot vs Cold Water Experiment (2023 Update)

replying to trader4, frankv wrote: The problem is the hot water releases contamination and plugs up the solenoid valve and evaporator pad. I don't know if it is because as the water tank gets older the sacrifice rods release particles or its just minerals from hard water.or both, I compared my pad to a friends just after six mo. and hers being supplied with cold water was like new, mine had to be replaced. and the valve is all plunged up.,Also would be nice if General Aaire would change the solenoid valve to a style with removal inline strainer y type with out having to remove fittings that won't seal again and manual override to back flush..Then it would be serviceable on hot or cold water supply.

Reply to
frankv

Feed the humidifier from a reverse osmosis water filter.

Reply to
Wally

Distilled water due to colligative property effects of solute particles.

Reply to
Jetson