howto? basement drain (for washer)

I need to install a washer in a basement, problem is there is no drain in the area. The only real option is to pump it up and over then tie it into the drain stack on the opposite side of the house.

I've seen "boxes" before that had a pump in them, but I have no idea what these are called.

Any ideas what those boxes are called and what they are priced?

Reply to
Jerry Cloe

Packaged sewer ejector system:

You'll probably have to plan on a (small) vent pipe as well as the large drain. See if the mfr has a .pdf of the install plans.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

concrete floors can be peetrated, run the line properly underground, its good for home value.

a jackhammer makes it easy, i did it once with a masonary drill, and small sledge.

bit made initial hole, i started as a experiment and continued cause it was easy.

if you dig out under the concrete and hit with sledge it breaks easy

Reply to
hallerb

on 5/24/2008 6:51 PM Jerry Cloe said the following:

willshak