How to replace 3/8" sink shutoff on cpvc Fow Guard stub?

I am experienced in copper piping, but have to replace a sink shutoff which is connected to Flow Guard Gold cpvc ASTM NSF PW pipe stub with a standard 3/8" flexible steel compression sink fitting. I have used PVC for drain pipes, but this is cpvc with a transition shutoff and I have some questions please. I would guess one would attach it very much like standard pvc fittings.
Can I buy the cement and this transition shutoff at any Loews or Home Depot? What type of cement to use? Do I use primer? What kind of shutoff should I look for? How long does glue dry before turning on water pressure? Is this type of shutoff hard to find?
I ask this because a friend told me a plumber did this repair for him which was difficult to do because this shutoff was very hard to find. The plumber had to use a copper transition and solder a standard copper shutoff to the transition. Thanks. Please email too if possible.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
Add image file
Upload is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.