how to remove paint from grout?

The previous owner of my house painted the grout in the kitchen's tile floor. I think the paint is probably a satin alkyd. How can I remove the paint without damaging the grout and/or the tile?

Thanks,

Jean

Reply to
Jean

try some lye based oven cleaner, barring that try paint stripper

Reply to
beecrofter

if it's sanded grout you probably will have to remove a bit of the grout with a grout scrapper. lots of hard work :~(

Reply to
jthread