How to physically secure a cell phone?

Yeah, takes two seconds to cut the cable and walk off.

Don't be so damned cheap. Do it right and get a land line. In the long run you will save money and have proper security. Cell phones can be problematic with signal, batteries, theft.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

That may last one day unattended. Anything with a cell phone is a half assed way of doing it and prone to theft.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

services.

use. And, of course, it will need to be perpetually plugged into its charger, but there's an outlet nearby so that's not a problem.

Put the cell phone in a box with a lock and give everyone a key to the box. With almost everyone having a cell phone, you will probably never need one anyway. If the insurance requires a phone, that should satisfy them.

A number of years ago before cell phones became popular with most everyone the gun club I was a member had a land line inside a building,but put one outside in a box with a lock and everyone had a key to the main gate that also fit the box.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

My suggestion was a wall phone, not a pay phone. I'm 46% subscribed. Sign up soon.

Reply to
micky

epoxy a cheap cell phone to a concrete block wall. Impossible to remove without rendering it totally scrap. Have instructions to "use speaker phone" so nobody has to stand with their ear to the wall.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

I'm embarrassed for the group after reading most of these responses. I have another question, at this community clubhouse, does it include a pool? What exactly goes on at the clubhouse? Not that it matters, my answer stands, but depending on the activities, it only gets much worse and stupider.

Reply to
trader_4

If it's in Alabama, it could be a place to host Covid-19 parties.

Students throw COVID-19 parties to bet on who will catch virus first

TUSCALOOSA, Alabama -- Officials in Tuscaloosa, Alabama say some students are throwing parties, competing to see who can catch COVID-19 first.

According to Tuscaloosa City Councilor Sonya McKistry, party organizers intentionally invite guests who have COVID-19. Then money is put into a pot. Whoever catches the virus first wins the pot. <>

Reply to
Jim Joyce

Also a good idea. But you're interfering with my business plan.

Reply to
micky

Emergency calls from a pay phone used to be free.

Reply to
Sam E
[snip]

"Break box to use emergency phone - loud annoying alarm will sound".

Reply to
Sam E

Give it a week and the box will be stolen too.

So while the fire is burning, you break the glass, then wait for the phone to boot up, hopefully is is charged and you have a signal.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Which will f*ck the emergency call you want to make.

Reply to
Rod Speed