How to make sliding glass door slide easier?

I have a double sliding glass door which leads to a sun room. It takes a fair amount of effort to slide open or close the door. What can I do to make it slide easier?

-Thanks

Reply to
James Egan

We've been through this before. First, "sliding glass door" is a misleading misnomer. It's really a "rolling glass door." There are some little wheels in the bottom.

The height of the wheels is adjustable. Sometimes they just need to be re-adjusted.

Sometimes, some part of the mechanism is jammed up with crud. Sometimes, when the mechanism gets jammed up with crud, the wheels stop rolling, and start sliding. Then they get worn flat.

So, take it off the track, and get a good look-see at how those little wheels work. You can buy replacement parts if necessary. Last time I did this, for the g.f., I was pleasantly surprised that I needed no parts, just had to clean and readjust things.

If you have an IQ above room temperature, you should be able to figure out what's up when you take if off the track and study it.

Reply to
Smitty Two

Thank you ao much for this post!

Reply to