How to live without electrcity

Reply to
terryc

We lived for thousands of years w/o electricity - we can live thousands of more years with it!

Reply to
RockSockDoc

I do believe there is a TV series on right now about electricity going away in our present day technological society. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

It is a road runner cartoon.

Reply to
gfretwell

The Daring Dufas on Sat, 10 Nov

2012 15:39:08 -0600 typed >> >>

Some companies can "down size" - either directly if they can, or indirectly. One route is changing employees from Permament Hires to "Contractors". Temp or Contract Employees are the ones who will be "easiest" replaced. Other companies- they may decide that the fines are cheaper. But don't worry "If you like your current health care insurance, you can keep it." But the medical benefits you get at work - that's not your plan, that is the company's plan.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

It might be against the Geneva Convention (inhumane warfare) but take out their national curling team and a brewery or two and they'll be done.

Reply to
krw

WTF would China want with that God-forsaken tundra?

Reply to
krw

When the French Canadians' ancestors were kicked out of France, it doubled the IQ of both countries.

Reply to
krw

Storing perishable items? ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Doesn't help Canuckistanis.

Reply to
krw

That is more real than you intended. In my corner of Canada, the Chinese population is about 50% and growing. Entire shopping malls are taken over by them without an English word anywhere in the mall.

Loh ha ma?

Reply to
EXT

90% of the Middle East oil goes to China. The US gets part of the remaining 10%. Canada will be a minor supplier to them. And probably become dependant on them for income.

Most of the US energy is indeed domestically produced, principally from gas at the moment. With new sources coming on line, we should be net energy exporters in a few years.

Energy independence and the economy are not the same issue. Granted, high energy consumption is linked to an active economy, but energy is in no way causing The Great Recession. In fact your great Chinese economy is very dependent on what is to them foreign oil.

We told them to build them in an earthquake zone that was subject to tsunamis did we? We told them to install a backup system incapable of shutdown in an earthquake did we? We told them not to upgrade it did we? We told them to claim it was great and lie about the shoddy condition did we? Damn, we be bad.

Your blind hatred keeps you from seeing simple facts and makes you look like an idiot. Great image you are presenting for Canadians.

Reply to
Winston_Smith

Here in The U.S. it's Mexican Spanish but people are ignoring the Chinese infiltration of other countries and don't realize what can and will happen with "uncontrolled" immigration to the borders, language and culture of a country. If you and me were put in suspended animation then revived after even a half century we would hardly recognize our own countries and the culture. O_o

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

High prices for energy and petroleum (caused by your Fed driving down your dollar) is playing a significant role in your stagnant, near-dead economy.

Their per-capita expenditure for oil is very low. Their economy or economic output is nowhere near as sensitive to the price of oil (read: gasoline) as yours is. Like it or not, their working class can produce stuff for 12 hours a day and eat/sleep the other 12 hours for a lot less energy input (petro-energy input) than US, Canada or Europe.

You twisted enough arms or played enough political cards or greased enough palms to force them as a nation to go with your US (GE) designed boiling water reactors, which are extremely vulnerable and inherently unsafe anywhere where earthquakes or flooding can happen (which is essentially anywhere in Japan). Corporatism at it's finest.

Again you confuse hatred with criticism.

Reply to
Home Guy

Sounds like Richmond Hill and Markham Ontario

Reply to
clare

Here in the U.S. most of the yacking is about Hispanics taking over whole areas while some places have turned into Middle Eastern enclaves complete with their own version of law and order. Chinese people are everywhere even here in my own city. Birmingham is a very young city, founded in 1871, compared to those cities on the coasts but people from everywhere in the world have settled in the area from the start. When I tell people there are a lot of "real" Africans living in Birmingham, their reaction is usually quite entertaining. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas