How to live without electrcity

We certainly did. And there were far more Canadians than Yanks in

1812.

Care to try for a rematch?

Gunner

-- "President Obama is not going to lose. He will be re-elected. It is those of you who have these grand fantasies of that pip-squeak Romney actually having a chance at winning the election that will have to wake up to reality the day after the election. I hear there is plenty of room in the rest of the world where you can reside and establish new citizenship. Kirby Grant,

Reply to
Gunner

Of course not. The old boy is simply trolling. Or French.

Gunner

-- "President Obama is not going to lose. He will be re-elected. It is those of you who have these grand fantasies of that pip-squeak Romney actually having a chance at winning the election that will have to wake up to reality the day after the election. I hear there is plenty of room in the rest of the world where you can reside and establish new citizenship. Kirby Grant,

Reply to
Gunner

Cute. Very nice dig. Do you think you have something you have to prove? You guys are not actually inferior, you know.

I have news for you to ponder. The factors that go into having or not having a large, national, technology system up and running, with all the input vectors and natural hazards, don't know a thing about nationality.

If we get EMPed, so do you. If assorted solar phenomenon occur (again), do you think it's going to read your road signs and hang a left? Are you prepared to build your own replacement transformers for those 20 to 50 year old units in your system? You know the ones that are only built in Germany, to order, with six months to a year delivery.

Heck, if we all shut off our power at the same time, Niagara Falls might burp backwards and flood you with a tsunami. (That's just a theory. ;>)

Reply to
Winston_Smith

If you try it again - China's got our back next time.

They want our oil and potash more than you do. And they're paying a premium for it.

Screw the XL pipeline. We're building one to the west coast - where we'll be exporting our oil to China.

All this talk of "North American" energy independance coming out of your oil-industry PR mouths. What a joke. You keep going down the toilet and meanwhile China is open for business. They've already got a few of our Candu nuclear reactors (the ones that can't melt down - unlike the GE ones you use and sold to Japan and screwed them up real good didn't you?)

Reply to
Home Guy

Why the need to live without electricity? We had a vacation home in the Application mountains that was off grid for the entire 20+ years we owned it. We live there full time for near 4 years. Someone else is living there now.

Reply to
NotMe

Home Gay, how are your Chinese language lessons coming along for the time when China takes over Canada? ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

So what are they going to do...send over cargo containers loaded with troops? Or launch their 20 short range nukes?

Good for you!

Shrug..when they were installed wrong..ayup...screwed em up good.

And the earthquake and tidal wave we sent them...doubled the money.

There are what...65 million Canucks..and 350 million Americans?

Pray we remain good neighbors. Else we will send you all the wetbacks. Crom knows you have enough Islamofundimentalist terrorists hanging out in Canada, planning for more strikes on the US.

Piss em off, double dare you!

Gunner

-- "President Obama is not going to lose. He will be re-elected. It is those of you who have these grand fantasies of that pip-squeak Romney actually having a chance at winning the election that will have to wake up to reality the day after the election. I hear there is plenty of room in the rest of the world where you can reside and establish new citizenship. Kirby Grant,

Reply to
Gunner

Just across the border in the USA.

harry

Heh Heh, You couldn't even beat a bunch of clothheads in Afghanistan.

Reply to
harry

One of the kids who was a hero in "Mars Attacks" suggested at the end of the movie when everyone was celebrating, that we should all live in tepees. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Good point. They're called rag-heads over here.

The idiocy of suggesting that the US would threaten Canada with nukes. Would you really be that depraved of a country to do that? (don't answer that...)

You'd have to put boots on the ground. And just remember we've got some of the best military sharp-shooters in the world. And because we're a NATO member country, there are some friends we'd call on (and just remember that the UK has nukes).

Reply to
Home Guy

No worries. Everyone understands English, if you shout loud enough.

.

Home Gay, how are your Chinese language lessons coming along for the time when China takes over Canada? ^_^

TDD

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

You must be suffering from H.I.S.I., pronounced "hissy". It stands for (H)umor (I)rony (S)arcasm (I)mpairment. People with that particular mental disease are said to have H.I.S.I. fits and often put on a big display of pseudo-intellectualism about the subject at hand when they fail to see the humor or bizarreness of statements made by someone who is attempting to pull their leg. It's also called The Mr. Data response in some circles. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Actually..that was on both sides of the border. Native Americans paid no attention to international boundaries.

Gunner, Ojibwa

-- "President Obama is not going to lose. He will be re-elected. It is those of you who have these grand fantasies of that pip-squeak Romney actually having a chance at winning the election that will have to wake up to reality the day after the election. I hear there is plenty of room in the rest of the world where you can reside and establish new citizenship. Kirby Grant,

Reply to
Gunner

Tell that to the few survivors over there.

Notice that they are having to ship in Taliban from other nations? The resident ones...died.

Gunner

-- "President Obama is not going to lose. He will be re-elected. It is those of you who have these grand fantasies of that pip-squeak Romney actually having a chance at winning the election that will have to wake up to reality the day after the election. I hear there is plenty of room in the rest of the world where you can reside and establish new citizenship. Kirby Grant,

Reply to
Gunner

Indeed you do have some..some of the best sharpshooters in the world. Not bad at all. And I tip my hat to the lads from the plains provinces.

Now the rest of you...snicker..... hose heads ya know eh?!

Gunner, who grew up in Northern Michigan in the Keewanah...and could see Canada from his front porch...on a clear day....chuckle

Gunner

-- "President Obama is not going to lose. He will be re-elected. It is those of you who have these grand fantasies of that pip-squeak Romney actually having a chance at winning the election that will have to wake up to reality the day after the election. I hear there is plenty of room in the rest of the world where you can reside and establish new citizenship. Kirby Grant,

Reply to
Gunner

The dude is probably French Canadian. They have zero sense of humor. Mutants deported from France to try to improve the blood lines of those remaining in France. The culls so to speak.

Gunner

-- "President Obama is not going to lose. He will be re-elected. It is those of you who have these grand fantasies of that pip-squeak Romney actually having a chance at winning the election that will have to wake up to reality the day after the election. I hear there is plenty of room in the rest of the world where you can reside and establish new citizenship. Kirby Grant,

Reply to
Gunner

You can also shop at Lehman's' for non-electric appliances and tools

They have composting toilets, wood cook stoves, gas refrigerators, etc.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Of course, the US decided places like the Korengal Valley didn't exist when trying to pacify them became too embarassing. iirc the Ivans were pretty selective too.

Reply to
rbowman

You have that backwards. The culls stayed home kissing Louis' hindparts.

Reply to
rbowman