Can anyone tell me the *general*
age of two homes with the following
1) Wavy individual "decorative" parging on each foundation block
2) No knob-and-tube but only fuse box.
3) Profuse arbor vitaes, "sculptable" bushes (Northeast
4) Push-button and lighted, back-and-forth light switches.
5) Crumbling red brick chimney on fireplace-less house.
6) Hidden bevelled glass French doors at entrance to living room.
7) Single-paned huge front window bookended by unopenable panes.
8) Intensive use of terra cotta tiles as terrace material.
1) Logs and railroad ties used as floor beams; several floor jacks.
2) Extremely low ceilings, railings, banisters; very uneven door
3) Evidence of knob-and-tube in basement.
4) Second floor bathroom dangling over sloping kitchen roof like it
exist on the original structure.
5) Painted asbestos shingles.
6) Double-hung windows WITHOUT weights.
7) Claw-legged sink in washroom.
8) Extremely large kitchen.
Thanks for reading. If you know of a good website where you can
become a "house detective," I'd appreciate knowing.