How much air pressure to put in a well tank

How much air pressure to put in a well tank?

I am installing a used tank to replace the bladderless tank, but have no clue how much air to put in the tank. I recall it's determined by the amount of pressure the switch is set for. Mine is 30 ON, 50 OFF. Can anyone help.

Thanks

Mark

Reply to
maradcliff

About 2 lbs below cut-in pressure, so 28 lbs. Make sure the tank is drained and that the drain is open (to the air) when you are pressurizing it.

HTH,

Paul

Reply to
Paul Franklin