How far from toilet drain center line to wall?

I'm finishing my basement and have a rough in for the toilet. I don't have a toilet yet, so is there a way to know how far from the centerline of the drain to the studs & allowing room for drywall? It seems like it's a pretty close fit on every house I've ever been in between the tank lid and the wall, so I don't want to screw it up.

Thanks,

-Joel

Reply to
Network-Man

There are several different rough-in sizes, but I think 12" from the centerline to the finish wall is typical.

-Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob

Bob, Thanks. It took a little searching toilet makers sites, but found that Mansfield makes 10", 12" & 14" models. Then I saw your reply.

guess I'll be going toilet shopping.

Thanks again.

Reply to
Network-Man