How does gasoline go "bad"? When?

In the northeast (new york state), when I buy "regular", is there ethanol in it?

If so, how to buy gas *without* ethanol?

David

Reply to
David Combs

Typically in this newsgroup, when people respond to someone's post (that itself is a response to yet another response ...), all that prior stuff builds up to maybe 20 times what you want to respond with.

If you like saving-to-disk some of these things, sure wastes a lot of disk space.

Just a thought.

David

Reply to
David Combs

So, how to get the old stuff out of a lawn-mower's carb, etc, at the end of the summer?

(Without taking it apart, that is.)

David

Reply to
David Combs

Maria Elena Carmelita Romero G

True.

The rules say, trim the stuff that's not relevant, but don't remove so much that you can't follow the thread.

Reply to
Dan Espen

Run it till it is out of gas.

Reply to
clare

I don't bother, I just pour a tot of fuel stabilizer in the tank and go out and mow the lawn for one last time, so the stabilized fuel is throughout.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

This is about #2 fuel oil, not gasoline, so I dunno if it's relevant or not= .

Years ago I had a job pulling underground fuel tanks to meet the new standa= rds (double walled, corrosion protected, leak detection, etc.) =20

Some of these were back up fuel for natural gas boilers, and so 10,000 gall= ons of fuel oil had been sitting for ten years or so. When we pumped that = oil, most of it was good. Some had a bit of water especially if the tanks = leaked. =20

A year or two later I had to pull one of the new tanks, I forget why; mayb= e the building was demolished or something. There was almost a foot of goo= ey sludge at the bottom, kind of like a soft jello. Our environmental sect= ion said it was probably biological growth, that the refinery process had c= hanged and oil was subject to this much faster.

Reply to
TimR