On Sun, 02 Sep 2012 01:45:53 +0000, James Gagney wrote:
At first, we had a crisis this morning because we got the oversized laced
sneakers all full of mud on the weekend looking for cave-man rocks to
make cave-man tools for history class ... so my kid was forced to wear
the blinking sneakers.
So I grabbed them, drilled a small (1/32) hole in the first of four
lights, and bingo! It went out, like, well, like a light!
Unfortunately, the second one took quite a few more attempts, so I
drilled the sole horizontally quite a few times, like a woodpecker
looking for bugs in a log; but I finally got it.
I used a larger bit (1/8) on the third and fourth, but now, all four
lights are out. No outrushing air occurred. And, the sneakers seem not
too much worse for the wear.
My kid gladly accepted them, even before I could clean out the shavings
from the numerous poking them out attempts ... and I will snap a photo
for you guys when he gets home from school.
Thanks for your advice; again it worked like a charm.
PS: My old non-titanium drill bits worked just fine! :)
Thank you so much for this! The funny thing is I googled a solution on how to get rid of the blinking lights for my son's shoes (dress code prohibits it) and when I clicked on your picture, he has the exact shoes as the OP's pictures!
I ended up using the microwave for 5 seconds, worked like a charm.
There was a little bit of smoking and rubber smell, but it's gone now. Shoes are good to go. :)
My kids' school now prohibits light up shoes (and characters, etc.). I put
he. In the old microwave set to 5 sec. After 2 sec each spaked. No more lig
hts. Microwave still works fine. Perhaps for e same reason hotockets have f
oil liners yet don't fry the microwave, the circuit in the shoes doesn't fr
y it either.
On Thu, 24 Dec 2015 06:02:48 -0800 (PST), firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
Why do they put lights in sneakers? I never saw the sense to them!
But there is always a dummy waiting to blow money on something stupid
like that, so I suppose thats the reason they make them...
Since you opened them, did you notice what kind of battery is in there?
I'm thinking it would be a coin cell. Just curious....
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.