How do I eliminate Dandelion weeds from my lawn?

Maybe 20 years ago it was -- the yard had a fair coverage of dandelions; the chemicals I tried didn't kill them, not at the strength I was using it at, and I didn't want to use anything stronger.

So I got one of those probe-things for dandelions, sat down in the yard, and started to work -- maybe two hours a day, for a week or two. Got 'em all.

Kept a watch out -- every day I went out to catch any new ones.

(That was in the summer (of course))

Anyway, the next summer, still had them, but no where's as many, and got them too, by hand.

Fewer yet the third summer.

Since then, very, very few.

And the adjoining yard in the back (with a sheer-wall between us, their yard is 4 or so feet lowere than ours), they had lots of dandelions earlier this summer, and they bloomed and everything, but strangely no problem came from it.

Anyway, that's *my* experience.

David

Reply to
David Combs

Hi, My new puppy loves to eat them. Good liver tonic, LOL. Digging it out one by one is best. I treat them as my enemy no. 1. I don't give them a chance to take hold of my yard. Wish neighbors do the same. I have one neighbor whose yard is sea of yellow. Tony

Reply to
Tony Hwang

I've used ortho weed b gone and it has always worked well. I just put it in a miracle grow sprayer, attach the hose and go for it. Always seems to work, not to mention all the other weeds it gets as well.

Reply to
Lost-In-Translation

Pick a sunny day with no rain the forecast. Use Weed-B-Gone or Spectricide per directions on the bottle. Dandelions that are well-established may require a second spraying 2-3 weeks later. Make sure you wet all the leaves with the product. A garden sprayer is easier on the back than a hand-held sprayer bottle, especially if you have a lot of dandelions to treat. Do not mow 2 days prior or following the treatment.

Reply to
Phisherman