How can I move, all alone, a disabled motorcycle (heavy, no front wheel)

Is the bike chain driven? If it is you can take the chain off and tow it on its back wheel. Rent or borrow a truck with the bumper hitch that has the slide in shaft. Find a bolt that is the same diameter as your front axle but two or three inches longer than your axle.Use a bumper jack or scissors jack to lift the front end up. Straddle the hitch and slide the replacement axle bolt through a hole in the hitch bar and use washers to snug up the axle bolt and pin the hitch bar into the receiver. If you have a chain drive you just take the chain off. If you have a shaft drive you might want to check with the maker of your bike to see if towing with the rear wheel on the ground will hurt. You might be able to tow it in NEUTRAL for a few miles without any damage. Your state may require a safety chain or better yet a safety strap so you don't scratch any finish on your bike.

I have done this by myself so I know it works.

DL

Reply to
TwoGuns

Get a skyhook.