Honeywell HUT 102 Room Humidifier -- water leaks onto electrical power

Hi,

I purchased a this humidifier from Home depot. It was about $US 40. It works good and I have it in my daughter's bedroom. For about a month or so everthing is perfect.

However just last week, and then again this morning I noticed that there was alot of water on the table where the humidifier is placed. I am concerned because we have electrical power and water together. It seems as if for some reason the water in the top tower tank is overflowing the lower pit and leaking out. The anout of water is about a cup full. There is still water in the water tank, and the humidifier still operates normally. I pulled the plug out and cleaned up the mess. So this has happened twice now ....

It is not consistend in that it only happens now and again.

Just how and why this occurs I do not know. Does anyone come across this or have one of these.?

I am concerned enough to try and install a GFCI as a backup on the bedrooms circuits just in case.

Mike.

Reply to
sacstinkytiger

Mike,

You've only owned this for less than a month and you think it is leaking. Read the warranty and take it back to Home Depot for replacement.

Dave M.

Reply to
David Martel