Home Inspection

Here is a great web site

if your in the market to buy a home in the Cleveland, Ohio area. First time home buyers and veterans should not buy a home without checking out this site first.There is also an ask the inspector link, that you can ask any questions and receive an e-mail with the answer.

Reply to
dr252

Here is a great web site

if your in the market to buy a home in the Cleveland, Ohio area. First time home buyers and veterans should not buy a home without checking out this site first.There is also an ask the inspector link, that you can ask any questions and receive an e-mail with the answer.

Reply to
dr252

Oh, Dan, it is not polite to spam newsgroups, especially not twice in the same day.

Please do not think we are stupid enough not to figure that dr252 is not associated with Dan Ricci, home inspector. Make an honest announcement one time and get on with life.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

NNTP-Posting-Host: 64.233.201.59 X-Trace: sv3-eJLD06KdDt8CS/k01OyAEVbN5o3FoA7VjrM6lmkF3+OgIQPqjIwLT24mMvCsiSJNQymYPnWF pryIRqx!wUsS7g9TGaXXYOfu/P6leHlM56IV9o3jGqe4E1Y441hkp7iZCCx3g4tD+OJOwEhS5LNR K6qiktqf!3YW/RgXzEnHRlNqvhc+LqTK3JTYH X-Complaints-To: snipped-for-privacy@wideopenwest.com X-DMCA-Complaints-To: snipped-for-privacy@wideopenwest.com X-Abuse-and-DMCA-Info: Please be sure to forward a copy of ALL headers X-Abuse-and-DMCA-Info: Otherwise we will be unable to process your complaint properly X-Postfilter: 1.1

Tell em Dave sent ya..:)

Bet he lives in Parma too....LOLOLOLOL...

Reply to
*CBHVAC*

Having just been through several home inspections, all by different licensed inspectors, I'd say that if these guys were any good they'd have a real job. They are the classic example of "check list" wonders. They do everything by the book and make sure that their liability is minimized. I watched them miss many obvious problems and cite many others that were bogus.

RB

dr252 wrote:

Reply to
RB

The inspector who checked out our home missed some power outlets with open grounds and one with hot and neutral reversed. OTOH, he said the bathrooms needed GFCI outlets, not noticing that all the bathrooms are on a GFCI breaker. He also criticised a bathroom fan venting into the roof space -- but it was a half-bath only -- no bath or shower to generate steam.

YMMV.

MB

On 02/26/04 08:51 am RB put fingers to keyboard and launched the following message into cyberspace:

Reply to
Minnie Bannister

I'm am truly sorry that you have dealt with inspectors that didn't meet your expectations. I am not your run of the mill inspector, as I was told when I first joined ASHI that some of the inspector's came from the pest inspection side of the business which might be ok if you pests. I have been in the trades for about 24 years and my own personal experience is that realtor shake when I inspect a home, I'm very thorough. I belong to the independent inspector's association , and we do not solicit any realty co. I give a computerized report at the end of the inspection which is anywhere from 35 to 48 pages long and my inspection take 3 to 4 hours depending on the size of the house and making my client know exactly what's Wright and wrong with there future investment.

Dan Ricci All Property Home Inspection LLC Westlake, Ohio 44145

440-808-3811
Reply to
dr252

Dan,

A blind pig gets an acorn sometimes. Based on my experiences, most HI aren't worth the cost.

There has been exceptions. You may be the acorn.

You also may be just blowing smoke. Someone's tagline reads something like "On Usenet, no one knows you're an idiot" or something like that.

Reply to
HeatMan

Just curious: Exactly what do your "experiences" entail? Share some details with the class; we're always in the mood for some interesting reading.

AJS

Reply to
AJScott

"Oh, the furnace is old, but it's in good shape. It should last 3-5 years."

I was getting over 400ppm on my CO detector. When I did a visual, I could have put my hand through the crack.

And on and on.....

Reply to
HeatMan

"The electrical service is grossly undersized at 100a and should be upgraded to at least 150a."

-Inspector didn't recognize a 35+ year old 200a residential CH panel looks similar to today's 100a models, and didn't read the main breaker handle clearly which read "200a."

I guess he also couldn't tell the difference between #4's and the 2 # 1/0 cables eminating from the weatherhead, even while "inspecting" the roof.

Reply to
HA HA Budys Here

You know, I had to have someone tell me what a weatherhead was a couple of years ago. I had always heard them called 'peckerheads.'

Reply to
HeatMan

I would criticise that too. Never a good idea to vent heated air into a cooler attic..

Reply to
Alan

A peckerhead is the box you feed a motor through.

Reply to
HA HA Budys Here

It's also the terminals on a semi-hermetic compressor

Reply to
HeatMan