home air cleaner

Our Totaline Gold (a Carrier subsidary) electronic air cleaner is NOT to be cleaned with any product containing chlorine. Automatic dishwashing products contain chlorine.

Reply to
Travis

Come over! I do very little dusting, so I know it owrks great. Every year we have the system checked, do you? He changees the filter when needed.

Just got a postcard from Sears Hardware publicizing a $19.99 electrostatic filter that works with the SpaceGuard system. I may be interested in checking it out. Has anyone tried it???

Reply to
Brenda

OK

So what could one buy to use in the dishwasher that does NOT have Chlorine in it?

John

Reply to
me63401

Working GREAT, and working CORRECTLY and in the best interest of the unit its on are totally different. Reduce the airflow over a heat exchanger and you end up with a dangerous condition....got a couple of pics of someones heat exchanger that ran electrostatic filters on it....care to guess what a great working air filter cost them??

Ummm....I check mine 2X a year...spring, and summer....I own the HVAC company that I work for....so....yea...I check mine, and about 400 others in the course of about 6 months...so....I just think I am in a much better position to know what happens to a unit thats abused like yours sounds like.

You got microscopic vision now eh?

Electrostatic filters have a very high resistance, and are the single one worst thing you can do to a system.....(BTW...those SAME filters that are being sold for $20, can be bought for about $5...hint..)

Reply to
CBHvac

I wouldn't use anything in my dishwasher unless it is recommended by the dishwasher manufacturer.

Reply to
Travis

When you say electrostatic above..... do you mean filters like the 3M Filtrete brand?

If yes.... why are they so bad to use?

John

Reply to
me63401