HOLMES on HOMES

I've never posted in your group, but intentionally looked for something like this. I'm an avid HGTV watcher and one of my favorites shows is HOLMES ON HOMES.

What I really like about the program is that when he is correcting what others have done, he explaines what should have been done and WHY.

Anybody here watch this program or any other DIY program?

Reply to
Chris R

I like the show, although after an hour of his incessant whining about the previous contractors, he really starts to annoy me.

Reply to
Jack

Here's a thread that I started a few years back when I first ran across his show:

I caught one of his episodes recently, and the information provided was much better. I don't know if that's an editing thing, or and education thing - like he's learned stuff since the show's been on. In any event that particular episode was a big improvement over some of his earlier shows which had some outrageous misinformation. The show also seemed to have turned the This Old House/Extreme Makeover Home corner, and is doing far more work, and spending far more time and money to upgrade while they're correcting shoddy work.

RicodJour

Yup I like Holmes ............. Only thing I find about these shows is that they 'hop around' from item to item, sometimes backtracking to a previous condition. Maybe it's necessary to fit all the content into half an hour. Or maybe my attention span is slower now? But would prefer if each 'shot' (target) was a little longer and more detailed. One moment someone is tearing out some wiring mentioning that the switch or outlet was not rated for Alum. wire. Possibly an old home-fix it job; by someone who didn't know the difference? Then seconds later someone else is under a sink criticising the the 'S' drain trap connection; whoops what was that? I got the bit about Cu. only rated switch/outlet but waht was he going to do with that other wiring that was hanging down next to it? Dang it's gone past ........... !

Reply to
stan

I like that show. And I'll watch almost anything on the DIY channel that Amy Matthews is in.

Reply to
Josh

I watched one time when his guys did some framing when he was away and f*ck it up. He had to fix his own guys work that they weren't suppose to start when he was away. Off camera I bet he did some good ass chewing !!!!

Jerry

Jerry - OHIO