Hole in dorm type Fridge

My 20 something genius decided to anti-ice my little black dorm fridge and needless to say Chipped a hole in the lines in the freezer wall what should I use to stop up the hole and then what kind of repair man does this kind of recharge and last but not least is it worth the price to have it recharged (5yrs old) Thanks Irish

Reply to
Denise Baker

Denise,

Did the gas leak out? If not duct tape (see prior discussion of best duct tape...or just get the cheap stuff. :+) Also, did you pounce on the leak for a cheesy freon buzz (more asphysiation than anything...unless its ammonia, which leads to dorm evacualtions... :+).

If the coils were punctured, I'd look into a new fridge. What do they go for these days in our consumption happy society? $100? I could not imagine a repair/recharge going for much less.

Jim

Denise Baker wrote:

Reply to
Jim

The repair will cost more than the fridge. Toss it nd buy a new one. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Forget it. It is now a boat anchor.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

dang, so that can happen? my mom used to throw a fit when i went into defrost mode as a child

randy

Reply to
xrongor

If the coolant leaked out, the fridge is a goner. Problem is, you have to have a certificate from God before the trash people will pick it up.

Best to leave it in a school yard at night.

Reply to
JerryMouse

Agreed, new ones are too cheap to bother McGyvering a repair to the old one. If it is one of the real small ones, just pry it apart, smash the plastic, and fold up and hide all the metal inside a double garbage bag with some other trash. All the freon is long gone, so no point in wasting a fortune on paperwork.

aem sends...

Reply to
ameijers

Just put a beer tapper in that hole and tighten securely.

Reply to
Monica-Lewinsky

Dont toss it !!!!! Use it as a tent toilet when you go camping......

Reply to
no

This is Turtle.

But drain the oil out of it first. It will mess up the fishing.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

It is sometimes possible to patch aluminum with "two part epoxy".

Refrigeration guy.

Generally, it's cheeper to pitch it out and buy another one when an apartment fridge is punctured.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon