High Efficiency Furnace - Decorative PVC vent kit?

Hello, we are purchasing a 92% efficient furnace. I thought I had heard of a PVC vent kit for the outside wall on the house, that replaced the need for the traditional 2" PVC pipery that would otherwise stick out somewhat unsightly.

I pictured an oval, high impact plastic shroud, where the outside edge was used for intake air, and somewhere in the center, the exhaust. I also pictured it not sticking out very far from the wall.

The most practical wall for the PVC to exit our house, is where the driveway runs, and it's somewhat narrow. Having PVC honkers out the wall would be more hazardous than unsightly.

Thanks for any ideas! Paul

Reply to
Kay Gallo

Ask your installer about a "concentric kit" for the venting. Still a tad unsightly, but better than a couple of PVC pipes hanging in the wind! Greg

Reply to
Greg O

Hazardous? Not really, but sheesh..if it is, get on the line RIGHT now with the guys that designed it...:)

You want a concentric vent kit. Ask your installer for it, and it will add, about another 50 bux total to the job if hes not gouging the hell out of you for the part.

Reply to
CBhVAC:)