Help with PVC union...

I have a hose bib outside that comes up and out of the concrete walkway. The 1/2" PVC pipe comes about 3/4" of an inch out of the concrete before it meets with a coupling, then about a foot of 1/2" pipe, and then the hose bib itself.

I've got a small leak between the upper part of the coupling and the foot of pipe.

I've tried shutting the water off, drying it, purple priming it, and then saturating it with Christy's Red Hot Blue glue. Leave the water off all night, turn it on in the morning, and it still leaks!

Short of digging up the concrete, is there any better glue or way to handle this little leak? Someone mentioned a fiberglass repair kit would be a good idea.

Please help!

Reply to
ctd4x4

I agree with the other posters, exposed pvc pipe isn't going to hold up very well outdoors, either due to sun exposure or just the stress of people bumping the hose bib and breaking the fragile PVC.

If the pipe is fairly close to the edge of the walkway, I would dig up the line under the walk, and then use a masonry bit to widen the hole. Run a metal pipe down through the concrete, then make a new connection with the PVC line underground.

Otherwise, relocate the bib somewhere else and abandon the one in the walk, or tear out a section of walk and rebuild it.

Anthony

Reply to
HerHusband