Help with 3-way switch - Solved!

Never mind, I figured it out. I light came on in my head and then 4 lights came on in my house.

Greg

Reply to
Greg DeBacker

Well let us know what you did wrong!

Reply to
Randd01

May not be up to code to hook it up that way. Is your head rated for the amperage?

Reply to
Dan Hartung

I was putting more than one light in the run of 14/3 wire. What I should have done was wire one light in the 14/3 between the two switches and then use pigtails to wire the rest of the lights off the first light.

In hindsight it seems obvious. I think my problem was two fold. One, I tend to not think too much when wiring 3-way switches. I follow the diagram and don't really think of the logic. Two, it was the end of a long day running wire underneath the house. Pulling wire while crawling around in the dirt under the house is exhausting work.

Greg

Reply to
Greg DeBacker