HELP: Sony TV relay clicking when changing channels...

Dear All, I need some help repairing my Sony TV #KV27S10. Original problem was no power. I found problems with the transistors and got some parts from a local electronics shop to replace all related parts as mentioned on some of the websites. The following parts have been replaced: Q591 (2SC4927), Q601 and Q602 (2SC4834), Varistor VDR601, VDR602, VDR603, Fusible resistors R607, R644. Then it was working until I tried to change the channels. Now it's just clicking relay. I have checked all the parts and they all still seem to be in good working conditions. I also checked the flyback xformer: #1 (Col), #2 (B+), #3 (200V), #4 (H1), #5 (H2), #6 (-15V), #7 (E), #8 (+15V), #9 (27V), #10 (ABL). All of these points have resistance. I don't have a scope but I think I might be able to borrow the scope from my school if I know what I am looking for. I don't have a schematic. I tried to resolder these parts as well as the flyback transformer connections. Then the TV works again. I can power it on and off but as soon as I change the channel, the relay is back clicking again. So what other component is at fault? Could anyone help me? I really appreciate. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Monica Tran

I suggest solving your problems by going to Best Buy or Circuit City , Cheap for a 27, or 32

Or use a big Hammer

Reply to
m Ransley

Its the Fluz Capacitator, Radio Shack # 67483-d6

Reply to
m Ransley

Monica Tran spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in

Monica,

If you are intent on fixing it, I suggest trying the group sci.electronics.repair for advice. Sam G.'s quite good at this sort of thing...

NOI

Reply to
Thund3rstruck_n0i