excessive relay clicking when starting baxi boiler

Hi,

RE: Baxi Bahama 100

I have recently replaced some parts on my baxi boiler (flow switches, diverter valve, efd board) Now the boiler seems to have a lot of problems starting). The middle relay on the ecs board clicks repeatedly and the fan starts and stops then some times the boiler ignites or other times the fan stops and I have to turn off the mains and restart everything. When the boiler works it is far better than before so I am confident that I have fixed the original problems however I feel that I may have dislodged something that is causing some kind of short circuit.

The other day I got a shock of the pump which lead me to think that there is an earthing problem however the pump is fine now and I have tested most of the cabling.

I am working through testing each component and tonight I am looking at the thermister, Pump connections and flame sensing electrode. I have checked the thermister is operating correctly however I have read that on some boilers you can have problems if they are not seated on the pipe correctly.

any help appreciated

alex

Reply to
alex