WORCESTER OIL BOILER NOT STARTING

Can someone offer any advice ?

I have a Worcester Danesmoor oil boiler, but it will not start? If I switch on the heating and water to on then both of these lights go on but the power light is not on. At some point earlyier the power light was on but no noice from the boiler?

The lock out is not on but I do have a device on the outside of the wall, which will cut the oil supply if it detects a problem? All that I remember to that there is a black button on the under side of this device that you can pushing or pull. I presume that if this has cut the supply then the boiler would be showing as lock out ?

How do I check if the pilot light is a light ? if not how do I start the pilot ligth. I remember that there is a grey button inside the boiler?

Someone said it could be the thermal couple ?

Any ideas?

Boiler : Worcester Danesmoor 20/25

Reply to
gary.holt

After a bit of looking on the net it appears that I have a fire valve on the out side of my house, but I am not sure on how to reset it. It has a black pull switch on the under side of the metal valve. But is the switch supposed to be pushed in or pulled out ?

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
gary.holt

Dont think this boiler has a pilot light. It is fired up by a spark fired into the oil jet from the fan assembly.

Reply to
Bookworm

As far as I can see, they're not resettable. Mine is a Teddington, and the knob determines the operating temperature of the sensor.

If the sensor is located inside the boiler casing, the knob should be pulled out, the cutoff will operate somewhere in excess of 60°C and 83°C depending on the model number. If the sensor is outside the casing, i.e. sampling the ambient temperature, the knob should be pushed in, the cutoff will operate at about 30°C.

The valve apparently can also be used as an over-temperature cutoff if the hot water rises above a certain temperature if the sensor is placed in or against a cylider.

As I said, this applies to *my* firecheck valve, yours may be different.

As regards the boiler not firing, have you let the oil level get low? You might just have an air-lock in the feed pipe.

Reply to
The Wanderer

Yes.

I doubt that you have a pilot light!

Likely the button will reset the lockout - after maybe 5 minutes, so that an attempt can be made to restart the boiler.

If you apply power to a cold boiler, and the boiler itself is switched on, either the motor (for fan and pump) should start or the shoud be a warning light indicating a lock out. If you get neither of these then you have some kind of electrical fault.

Reply to
Michael Chare

After two days away, I have just come back to this problem.

Turned on the heating and water on the poiler, result boiler power on light red and boiler going okay. But after about 40 mins the power on light goes out and and the heating and water lights are still on but the boiler had turned it self off. Result was hot water but not hot rads, therefore emptyed the hot water tank and set the 3 way valve to manual and switch heading and water backon. Result rads getting warm but after 20 mins lockout occured therefore pressed reset on boiler and switched heating and water on again all okay. But after about 20 mins boiler power on light has gone out and the boiler is quiet ?

Have tryed increasing the temp dial on the outside of the boiler but this does not have any result. The room stat is at 25 and is only about

2 years old.

So all that I can think is that the boiler is switching off then the water temp is okay ?