Byant Plus 80 Blower motor relay buzzing, Please Help!

Pulling the board could be expensive. Some boards can be pulled hot, most are not. Repairing the board may not be an option, unless you have a lot of electronic experence. A lot of circuit boards are propitiatory now days. Even going back 4-5 years.

Who was the rocket scientist that connected the filter to the power supply to the a/c? Do not let him touch your system again.

The power, VA, available for contol power transformers is pretty limited. With out knowing specs for all of the equipment it would be impossible to guess what exactly is the matter. Gut says your air cleaner needs its own voltage and current source. You could always try the smoke test, put in a bigger control transformer and see how long it takes for the magic to leave...

Humor is applied to response.

Reply to
SQLit

This is Turtle.

Usely what every is making the most noise is the item with the problem and humans are the same.

You really need to call a service company because what you have said is just too many items to start part changing to fix it. Here is the list of items you have to look at as to the problem.

Relay board but could be where relay plug into it or the spade recievers. Relay theirself messing up. Blower Motor bad Blower Motor Capasitor

For a person here to call a shot here , it would take them being there to trouble shoot it.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

Hello,

I have a problem I'm hoping someone can help me with. We have a Bryant Plus

80 with an Air Conditioner unit. I haven't used the Air Con for a few days and today I turned it on and there was no fan. I checked and found the CPU board just making a buzzing sound. I checked to make sure the fan spinned freely, which it does. I checked to see if there was 24VAC from the transformer and there is. I reseated all the connectors on the board, but there was no change. I did not remove the board though, so the top connections were not reseated, but they seem to be for the heating area. One note I should mention is when the Electronic air cleaner filter was connected to the 24VAC output of the transformer the motor was going on and off, so I put a regular air filter in and that solved that problem for the moment. Now I'm wondering if the transformer is not putting out enough power for the blower relay to kick on all the way, or if the relay is bad and needs more power than it has been getting. I don't want to replace the board if I can repair it. I'd appreciate any help you can offer, so I can test further.

Thank You,

Bob

Reply to
Bob

Thanks for your response. The system did work for a few days and up until I shut it down, since it got cool here, but now getting warm again. There is a lot of moisture around the furnace unit, too, so I don't know if that's a factor. This was a local outfit that is very large and has always done our work. I did notice when I looked again that the main power comes through the top connection and I would have to disconnect the power (by the circuit breaker) and remove the board to reseat those connections. The 24VAC is good though and I'm thinking it's just not giving enough power even though the voltage is ok. Any other ideas are appreciated.

Reply to
Bob