Help! Shower Faucet socket problem.

Hello

My shower has two faucets in the wall, built in 1954.

The shower head drips as well as water drips out the faucet stem.

I'd like to replace the washers and orings orreplace the entire assembly.

The issue is removing the shower valve, if that is the correct term.

I just bought a shower valve socket wrench, the kind you insert a screwdriver through the end to use as a handle to turn the socket.

One end of the socket is 29/32 and the other is 31/32.

My problem is that 29/32 seems too small and 31/32 has alot of play. I don't want to use the 31/32 end and round if off.

They sell a kit of different sizes but a size inbetween doesn't exist.

Help!

Thanks

Reply to
Tube Audio